Self Help-Test Anxiety
- I have made a list of relaxing and confidence building statements and have practiced
- I have practiced relaxation regularly, as well as right before the test.
- I have my materials organized for the test (watch, pen/pencils, paper, scantron, calculator,
- I ate a light meal before the test.
- I slept the night before the test (if you must cram do so 2 nights before the test).
- I have avoided entering the classroom until just as the professor walks in ( so I don't
have to hear other last-minute panic).
- I have imagined I am doing my best on the exam. I can see myself looking over the test,
writing answers, and feeling calm.
- I have avoided nervous people prior to the test.
- If I start to feel nervous, I will put my pencil down and make calming, positive statements
while practicing my relaxation for a minute or so.